International Catholic Deaf Association of the United States (ICDA-US) Local Chapter #46 (Joliet)
ICDA-US local Chapter #46’s purpose is to promote cultural, spiritual, and social union among Deaf and hard-of-hearing Catholics throughout the seven counties in the Diocese of Joliet. Chapter #46 organization includes an All-Deaf Board of Directors, with the exception of a Chaplain who can be either hearing or Deaf.
The organization normally hosts conferences, retreats, picnics, special masses, meetings, workshops, outings, prayer services, etc. for Deaf Catholics. Click the link below to visit the local and national websites.
- National Catholic Office for the Deaf
- National Catholic Partnership on Disability
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Pope invites the Deaf to help others “hear” the voice of God - Vatican News
- ASL YOUCAT | NCPD - National Catholic Partnership on Disability
- Catholic Office of the Deaf
- Deaf Apostolate of the Rockford Diocese
- RASL Week | Deaf Apostolate of the Rockford Diocese
- Deaf Apostolate of the Diocese of Milwaukee
- Father MDs Kitchen Table
- FORMED in Closed Captioning
- Saint Stories—Videos in ASL
- Understanding the Process of the Mass