Missionary Cooperation Plan (MCP)
Missionary Cooperation Plan (MCP)
Each year, the Diocese of Joliet’s Office of Mission organizes the Missionary Cooperation Plan. The MCP allows for missionary dioceses, religious orders, and congregations to come and share their stories, intentions, and needs with the Body of Christ in the Diocese of Joliet.
The plan is in place for such communities to come in-person to request the prayerful and financial support for their various missionary needs. These needs often include providing safe homes, clean drinking water, electricity, education, medical care, and resources to train catechists and seminarians.
Through your participation in the Missionary Cooperation Plan, you will imitate Christ’s sacrificial love for his little ones who are in the most need. Below you will find resources for missionaries and parishes about the MCP. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].
Missionary Cooperation Plan (MCP) (Accordion)
Here Missionary Groups will find official application information, a letter of suitability template, and other resources for the appeal process.
Welcome Missionary Groups!
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Diocese of Joliet’s Missionary Cooperation Plan. We thank you for your willingness to partner with us in our mission. We hope that this partnership allows for an increase in catechesis, evangelization, and putting faith into action for missionaries and parishioners alike.
MCP Guidelines for Missionaries
- All MCP requests must be made through our official MCP Application. Applications must be completed in order to be accepted. You can complete the application 1 of 2 ways:
- On the application, you must provide the name and contact information for a designated speaker in the United States.
- Upon acceptance into the MCP, a letter of suitability must be presented from Diocesan Bishop, Provincial Superior, or leadership from your missionary group. You must provide an up-to-date letter of suitability for each speaker. Resident, non-diocesan priests who currently have faculties in the Diocese of Joliet are exempt from this MCP requirement.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, we cannot accept all applicants to take part in the MCP. Therefore, submission of an application does not guarantee your acceptance into the plan.
- Missionary Groups that have been selected for the MCP will receive an invitation in for the following appeal.
- Missionary appeals must be made between June 1 and September 31. Special exceptions may apply.
- If you have not received an invitation by Friday, March 8, 2024, please feel free to apply the following year.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the missionary, not the host parish, unless agreed upon beforehand.
- Parishes are responsible for coordinating lodging and meals the weekend of the appeal—either at the rectory or with dedicated parishioners. Missionaries who wish to reside in the parish rectory should contact their parish in advance to make this request.
- Appeal funds are disbursed payable to the missionary group/diocese, never an individual person.
More complete guidelines can be found in this document: Policies and Procedures PDF
Resources for Accepted Missionary Groups
- Letter of Suitability-Religious-Template
- Letter of Suitability-Layperson-Template
- MCP Timeline
- Mission Collection Procedures
Here Parish Groups will find official application information, parish guidelines, policies and procedures for missionaries, and other resources for the parish mission process.
Welcome Parish Groups!
Thank you for your generosity by participating in the Diocese of Joliet’s Missionary Cooperation Plan! We appreciate your willingness to host a missionary as they appeal for support in their missionary endeavors. For any questions or concerns regarding the MCP, please email us at [email protected].
MCP at a Glance
- An opportunity for missionary groups and dioceses to personally appeal for prayer and financial support from Catholics in the United States
- An opportunity for parishioners to learn about what is happening in the universal Church. The plan allows for parishioners to experience great communion and need that exists within the Body of Christ around the world.
MCP Sign Up
To take part in the MCP, please complete the following form (hyperlink)
Resources for Parishes hosting a Missionary Appeal
Collection and processing Donations for Appeals
It is crucial that these instructions are followed so that the Missionary group receives their donations safely and securely.